1. A GSM cellphone that accepts a simcard from a current plan, or one of the prepaid simcards that can be bought on Ebay; and has a port to plug in an external antenna for use in the hinterlands.
2. A small, portable device that can connect to the Internet to send and receive email, surf webpages, and update my website from wherever I happen to be.
3. A device that allows me to read from an entire library of eBooks, photofiles and textfiles, stored on standard SD cards.
4. A media player that allows me to watch videos and listen to music, likewise stored on SD.
More information, from Wikipedia:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Retail availability||since November 2006|
|Operating system||Palm OS 5.4.9|
|Input||Keypad and touchscreen|
|Camera||640x480 VGA (0.3 Megapixel)|
|Power||1200 mAh battery|
|Display||320x320 16-bit illuminated TFT LCD|
|Touchpad||WM9712 AC'97 digitizer|
- Mobile phone, GSM/GPRS/EDGE model with 850/900/1800/1900 MHz bands.
- XScale PXA272 312 MHz processor
- 64 MB onboard NAND storage as user-available stored non-volatile memory
- 64 MB onboard NOR Strataflash (part of the PXA CPU)
- 32 MB onboard SDRAM split between system memory, dynamic memory and cache
- Removable rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Palm OS Garnet version 5.4.9
- 111.8mm H x 58.4mm W x 20.3mm D (4.4 inches H x 2.3 inches W x 0.8 inches D)
- 158 grams (5.5 oz.)
- 16-bit Color LCD 320 x 320 TFT touch-screen display
- Supports SD, SDIO, SDHC and MultiMediaCards - 4 GB to 32 GB cards supported through SDHC
- Built-In Bluetooth 1.2 Compliance
- Battery 1200 mAh
- 0.3 megapixel (640x480) VGA digital camera with 2x digital zoom and video camera capability
- Palm Desktop version 4.1.4 for Windows and version 4.2 for Macintosh OS