I would just like to point out a couple of facts.
- The original AWB did nothing whatsoever to reduce violent crime during the ten years it was in effect.
- Connecticut has its own "assault weapon ban" which is currently in effect. It did not prevent this tragedy.
- According to the Wall Street Journal, a Bushmaster rifle was found in a vehicle at the scene. It did not say who the vehicle and the rifle belonged to. Bushmaster makes AR-15 type rifles.
- Obviously, the CT AWB did not prevent this Bushmaster rifle being in a car at the scene.
- Nevertheless, the Bushmaster does not seem to have been used in the shooting. The shooter used two pistols.